Want to know the best live streaming sites for watching free NBA Games online?
Whether you’re a DFS player or just a regular basketball fan, you’ll want to find out how to watch your favorite teams and players without purchasing an NBA League Pass membership.
Determine Your Location
There are two different types of NBA streams available: USA & international. USA streams are only available to residents of the United States, but you can access these streams using a high quality VPN.
PureVPN is the VPN service I’ve been using for years to watch US only NBA game feeds. It costs $10 per month and you can access all major networks that showcase NBA games like ABC, ESPN, Fox Sports, and NBA TV.
Test Your Internet Connection
There are two main types of internet feeds: Standard Definition (SD) and High Definition (HD). SD streams are made for people with slower connections (less than 1MB per second) while HD streams cater to faster connections (greater than 1 MB per second).
First, go to SpeedTest and see how fast your connection is. If you’re under 5 MB, then I suggest watching SD streams because HD streams will be choppy due to your slow connection.
If your connection is over 5MB per second, then pick a HD connection!
Best Free NBA Basketball Streaming Websites
Here is a list of the best free NBA live stream websites for both slow and fast internet connections
1. Reddit NBA Streams (HD)
Reddit is my favorite HD live streaming website for NBA games. They post both US and international links.. It’s both desktop, table and mobile friendly.
2. Ripple.is (HD)
Ripple.is provides live NBA streams for people with faster international connections. They both US and international streams along with a pop-up chatroom for discussing the games.
3. NavDunk (SD)
NavDunk is another alternative for people who slower internet connections. They focus solely on NBA basketball games and remind me of a once great product, BallStreams.
4. BuffStreamz (HD)
BuffStreamz is another top high defintion stream for basketball games. The only thing I don’t like is I experienced more buffering time with their service. You may have to refresh frequently but the chat room is one of the best ones online.
5. NBAStream.net (HD)
NBAStream.net is dedicated to only NBA basketball and does a nice job of organizing the games based on your favorite teams.
How to Reduce Buffering and Load Times on Streaming Websites
If you have a super fast WIFI/DSL/Fiber connection, then simply step this part. However, if you travel often like men, you may find yourself leaving in a city or country with slower than normal WIFI connections.
Here are several tips to reduce the annoying buffering and keep your live streams fast and non-choppy:
- Clean Up Your Computer – Download CCleaner and regularly clean up your cache files to keep your browser running fast
- Close All Other Windows – Every open window requires your browser to work harder. Close all other windows to optimize streaming speeds.
- Disconnect All Other WIFI Devices – Every device that’s connected to your WIFI connection slows down your stream. If you’re watching on your desktop/laptop, disconnect your WIFI connection from your cell phone. If you’re watching on your smartphone, then disconnect your computers from the WIFI conneciton. This will improve streaming speed 100%.
- Use Chrome or Safari – These two browsers are the fastest and most lean web browsers available. Opera, Microsoft Edge and Firefox are much slower in my experience.
- Refresh Often – If your stream stops, it doesn’t mean the live stream went offline. Sometimes you must refresh the connection to continue watching the games. Click the “Refresh” icon or hit F5 to quickly refresh your window.
What’s Your Favorite NBA Live Streaming Website?
Now it’s your turn to help improve the content of this article. Post your favorite NBA streaming sites in the comments section below.